OpVig5 Spec Ops
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UN Spec Ops only

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Panda

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Panda Empty Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Panda

Panda

Hey guys, my name is Jon Locascio. I'm 22, I work part time as a deputy sheriff for Wood Co. I know a few martial arts, mainly Tae Kwon Do and Brazilian style Jui Jitsu. I love to shoot handgun competetively in IDPA, and have had trigger time with everything from your standard M4 to more fun guns like a FN P90, Kriss and a MP5sd.

I've been airsofting on and off for twoish years, mainly just rec games and the like. Before that, I was big into paintball. I did that for about four years, having many different guns and playing styles. Ranging from Tippmann A-5s to an Angel Speed.

I usually run my WE PDW GBBR, I have nine mags for her, an Eagle PC in multicam, a WE Tactical in FDE in a drop leg and propper multicam.

I am a bit of a gas gun whore, so I may bring my SCAR as well as a few extra pistols if someone on spec ops needs a sidearm. I do have comms gear for Reaver and I.

If you want to know anything else, just ask me.

2Panda Empty Re: Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:31 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

Hey, nice to see you on here!

I might take you up on that handgun offer. Do you have extra holsters?[code]

https://unspecops.forumotion.com

3Panda Empty Re: Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Sny

I too may look into a different sidearm as the only sidearm i have is a cheap NBB CO2 pistol that's been jamming lately. Also If you are looking at selling any GBB let me know as I may be interested.

Sny

4Panda Empty Re: Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:03 pm

Panda

Panda

Well if for sure have an extra M9 with three mags, but Reaver just asked me to borrow my 1911 hi capa. If I can get my parts 1911 up and running I'll bring it as well, but no promises. Haha It may need a new nozzle. I don't have an extra holster, sorry mate. I will sell either the HFC M9 or the KJW 1911 hi capa.

5Panda Empty Re: Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:04 pm

Panda

Panda

Just FYI guys, I'll be carrying a lvl one first aid kit with me. Rather be safe than sorry, and I'd feel guilty if someone gets hurt and I don't have one with me. Please don't take this as encouragement to get hurt though!!! I am certified just under the first responder level.

6Panda Empty Re: Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:45 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

I'm a professional rescuer and I'll probably have my CPR mask as well.

7Panda Empty Re: Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 pm

Panda

Panda

Alright, I actually carry a mask in my bag as well. It just a basic kit with: band aids, gauze dressings, med tape, cpr mask, glucose, iso alcohol, super glue and few other odds and ends.

8Panda Empty Re: Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:52 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

That works. But if someone goes down and I'm there I take point for the major stuff. Since you got a kit I'll just be there for the smaller stuff... watching I guess. At least until the field EMTs get there.

You know, the whole level of training stuff right?

*snort* well I just looked over that and its not very clear or professional. But you know all that anyways. I'm too hungry and lazy to fix it.

9Panda Empty Re: Panda Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Panda

Panda

Hey yeah dude, that's fine. Like I said, I'm a cop not an EMT. Got to practice the ABCs of law enforcement: Ambulance Before Cops. Lol

10Panda Empty Re: Panda Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:11 am

Kruse

Admin

And I'll have a near BLS kit (minus airways and meds, since I don't have access to med control). I'm certified EMT-Basic, but since I don't have a job at the moment, I can't legally practice at my level. Consider me first responder Razz

Krich, never heard professional rescuer... red cross?

Also, just so everyone is aware, there are no EMTs hired/on location (beside possibility of players, and even then, they don't have a legal obligation to assist). If a player is injured, basic first aid is given until Poynette fire rescue is on location (they pull out their ATV equipment and are patient side within 5 minutes or so after the call).

And panda, if you wouldn't mind, could you do a quick training for the group when dealing with unknown threats? I've just got the stuff I was taught in my unofficial training with the PD I'm an intern at, so obviously some stuff was skipped or forgotten.

11Panda Empty Re: Panda Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:48 am

Panda

Panda

Yeah of course I can run everyone through a little fire course.

12Panda Empty Re: Panda Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:51 am

Kruse

Admin

Awesome. It'll be really good when dealing with the freedom fighters specifically, so we don't get them angry, but we don't take too big of a risk.

13Panda Empty Re: Panda Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:01 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

Right well that sounds good.

As for no field EMTs, I guess that makes sense. I think Ghostbear was one of the EMTs on sight but he was a player too... Ah well I was confused.

Yeah red cross has a thing called CPR Professional Rescuer, and they throw in choking, in line stabilization, controlling of severe bleeding, and depending on the instructor, various intermediate first aid stuff. Don't know if that means that its part of the course and therefore part of my certification.

We didn't have an oxygen machine on site, so thats the only thing at my level I'm not trained in that I could be trained in (oxygen administration), but cops should have Professional Rescuer as well correct? Unless you were in the same boat as I was with the optional oxy administration, you should have that.

14Panda Empty Re: Panda Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Panda

Panda

Yeah I have O2 administration training.

15Panda Empty Re: Panda Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:12 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

That means we're both on the same level, because I believe oxy is only Pro and up. The next step up from pro is EMT I believe. So either one of us could take lead rescuer. This works.

16Panda Empty Re: Panda Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Kruse

Admin

Actually ARC professional rescuer isn't in the list of continuation care per the WiDHS. They only recognized Paramedic, EMT-Intermediate, EMT-Intermediate tech, EMT (Basic), and Emergency Medical Responder (previously known as First Responder). I don't know if DHS considers ARC professional rescuer course as an approved EMR course or not though.

Moot point though, anything that'll happen can be dealt with by basic first aid and preventative observation.

17Panda Empty Re: Panda Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:59 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

Yup yup.

Though all of my instructors have told us that we were part of that chain, just under EMT. I've never actually had anything else to go on but their word and material. So maybe I'm misinformed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum