OpVig5 Spec Ops
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UN Spec Ops only

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kruse

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kruse Empty Kruse Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:22 am

Kruse

Admin

So the low down on me is I've been playing airsoft for way too long (7+ years), I'll admit it sometimes gets to my head, so just smack me if I get that way [unless I'm role playing, ha). As have said a few times, I'm a member of Wolf Recon, which means I'm part of the event staff this weekend. I've also mentioned myself (or Brandon, the other NPC/Wolf member) will be carrying the props (ie explosives[fireworks], bag, etc for objectives), I'll also have a BLS bag on my back (unless I ditch it at some point to make myself small).

As I mentioned somewhere else, I actually am a certified EMT-Basic; however, the state has a funny law where I can't legally practice any "advanced" skills unless I'm employed. Luckily nearly every injury on the airsoft field can be managed with basic first aid skill.

2Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

Really? At least for Professional Rescuer, when you're not employed and you provide aid, you're covered under the Good Samaritan law.
That is funny... you can save someone, are you just supposed to let them die? or let a less trained individual like me do CPR by myself when you could assist in 2 person?
Or is that considered basic?

https://unspecops.forumotion.com

3Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Kruse

Admin

Here is a link to the basic first aid scope of practice that any citizen (with proper training) can provide:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm trained in a ton more (including advanced airways, glucagon(for unconscious hypoglycemics), ECG, epinephrine, and other things listed here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) However, state law dictates an EMT must be certified and licensed. To be licensed you have to be affiliated. Hence why I can't practice, since I don't have a job (and likely won't because I'm going in the military in less than 9 months).

CPR I can provide under basic first aid. I'm covered under good samaritan if I'm not licensed and only provide basic aid, but if I were licensed and performed advanced EMT skills, I would no longer be covered under that law.

4Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:35 am

Panda

Panda

Dude I remember in my class we had a discussion how we would "assist" people in injecting themselves with an epi pen. Haha, the instructors just kind of chuckled.

5Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:28 am

Kruse

Admin

Yeah, it's hard to assist with an epi-pen. I can straight out give them an epi-pen or I can draw 0.3mg 1:1000 epi and give it to them SubQ or IM (pending how severe the shock is). I hate the whole "assisting" medications. We can assist with nitroglycerin spray/tablets, but we have to have medical authorization then we get to explain to them how to take the stuff they've taken 25 million times. Or activated charcoal. That's a fun one to "assist" ha.

6Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 am

Panda

Panda

Haha, by assist you mean shoving a tube up their nose, down their throat and then squirting it in with a syringe all while swearing to them it'll taste like cherries.

Yeah we were saying if they couldn't give themselves the epi pen we'd put it in their hand, and then "help" them by directing their hand.

7Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 am

Kruse

Admin

The fun part is the ones who've ODed before and know what the hospital will do (or those who are "scared" into knowing what the hospital "does")... they'll drink it up with a smile on their face.

But when they puke.... oh what a mess.

8Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:48 am

Panda

Panda

Yeah for sure man. I also work part time in a hospital, so I've seen my fair share.

9Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:56 am

Kruse

Admin

I knew it, the way you said tube in the nose and mouth and give it to them hard, definitely made it sound like hospital.

By the way, that's a pretty bad ass panda picture.

10Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:10 am

Panda

Panda

Yeah I had a laugh when I saw it, and couldn't resist using it. I actually stole my callsign from my xbox gamertag Perturbed Panda. Haha

11Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:56 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

the only real test of my first aid stuff has been heat injuries. But I want to be an EMT someday. I'm also going into the military, but I'm doing SEP, so I gotta get all that set up soon.

As for the other stuff... the fact you've actually had to do some of that is really...interesting? I don't know how to put it.

But I gotta give both you guys props for doing what you've done, and I haz lots of respect for you.

12Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Kruse

Admin

My xbox gamertag (before I gave it to my brother for christmas) was Crapinon You, ha. Crapinon is an actual molecule even, so it was legit.

As far as what I've done medically, that's just from my clinicals! haha.

I'd get a real EMT job, but I'm also doing the military thing, 68W(medic) hopefully attached to an infantry unit.

13Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:57 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

Well good luck in your endeavors, just be prepared for what you'll see over there. My older brother has nightmares, and he wasn't even a medic

14Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:44 am

Kruse

Admin

Has he seen a professional counselor? Though there is a lot of information to fill in, but it could be PTSD, and that stuff is killer if it goes undiagnosed/"treated". I've been reading up on different things for a career in military/law enforcement/emergency medicine, of course you can never be fully prepared, but I'm confident I'm prepared enough to survive and come back alive. As far as nightmares go, I don't remember dreams/nightmares now, so I guess I'm lucky in that sense.

15Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:21 am

Panda

Panda

I'm actually considering enlisting. I either want to go 11 boom boom, or be a linguist with intel. I'm leaning towards 11B because I know an instructor for Blackwater, and six figures a year sounds nice to me.

It's a weird feeling being put into situations where you could possibly have to take another's life. The only rationalization there is, is that you have to do what is necessary to safeguard yourself or others.

16Kruse Empty Re: Kruse Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:29 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

I'm pretty sure he has PTSD. Just from what I've seen and heard. His best friend died in his arms...and 13 others from his unit died as well. He blames himself for not driving the humvee faster, and not finding the femoral artery as well. (he was driving and digging around for his best friend's femoral. The other leg was cauterized, so he had one hand to drive with) He probably should get consoling if he doesn't already. He blames himself, even though he was the best driver of his platoon and nobody could have done what he did better.

He's trying to convince me to not go in but I'm young and naive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum