OpVig5 Spec Ops
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UN Spec Ops only

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

If bribed and pampered properly, FF may join a team

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

KRICHEN922

Admin

SF on both teams will have non violent interactions with the FF forces, and I confirmed with Kerrik that it may be possible to bribe and smooth talk them to our side. At least some. So I say we bring candy, water, maybe some bbs, etc. to the game and work on them. If we can "make them realize" that joining the UN (since we're obviously the ones who are the most just and able to win the war) would cause the war to end sooner and the soldiers to be gone faster.

Just a thought. And it is a lot of fun to role play with them, even if they decide to stay neutral, or even go MEA. Its the experience that counts.

https://unspecops.forumotion.com

Kruse

Admin

For the record we will have non-violent contact with them or a very short period of time, specifically for missions. Beyond that, they can do what they please (and though we can be buddy buddy with them during this time, they may feel they just had to be nice for that mission, then do whatever).

Also remember the MEA's spec ops will be doing the same mission and have the same chance.

Bring stuff if you want, but it is not our mission to play Public Relations with them.

KRICHEN922

Admin

True, but then again, we don't know our missions Razz

I'll bring stuff and make quick bribes if theres ever time. Always good to be prepared right? Especially if the other team might try the same thing.

Kruse

Admin

Check your email, you will shortly.

And go to bed already, ha.

KRICHEN922

Admin

Sorry trying to do some adjustments to the website! It isn't cooperating.

Panda

Panda

Coffee and cigarettes!!! What more could a hodgie want???

Sly

Well, as long as it isn't pig, alcohol, or against any of their RP'd "Religions," it should be fine Wink I'm willing to bet a few packs of gum would be easy to carry for us, and would be easilly spreadable to them. Also cost effective. Just a suggestion.

KRICHEN922

Admin

I think they'd like that. But a couple bags of dum dums would work too, and maybe a 6 pack or two of Gatorade or propel or something. Thats what people were asking me for at Round up

Panda

Panda

Do we know how many FF they'll be? If there's enough to actually be threat, we either need to get them to join us or eliminate the threat.

KRICHEN922

Admin

For at least a little while I know they wont be a threat to US. but to the rest of the UN, they'll be hostile the whole time. And there will be a good number of them I'm sure, as the civvies have been incited to take arms. And it will help us greatly, because that's one less faction trying to kill us. Even if there is only 15 guys, which I sort of doubt.

Panda

Panda

That is a high enough number to pose a significant threat to our ground forces though. When you consider we only have about 50ish soldiers to conduct offensives with. It should be, in my opinion, a priority to get them to side with the UN. We should shower them with gifts, and if that fails threats of continued bombing of their country could work. No one wants to live in a glass crater. Though that should be used as a last resort, and of course it'll be a bluff but they don't need to know that.

We should have a plan in place to take them out if they become a problem. Perhaps a small strike team under the guise of a news crew? They seemed to like the camera last year.

KRICHEN922

Admin

Agreed. As for taking them out, it won't be permanent. I believe they do respawn. And we may not have time for that anyways.

I just bought some goods but not a lot. It won't be enough. I spent 10 bucks on candy, gum and a box of capri sun.

If you guys could go out and buy stuff as well, we could throw all of it in someone's backpack so we can just open it up and hand it out to them quickly as to not take mission time. Oh, and try to get stuff that doesn't melt easily.

And please, go out and buy stuff. Last time people just expected other people to get stuff and no one but me ended up bringing bribes. I didn't even bother to take it out in the field.

Bushmaster

Bushmaster

i'll get a bunch of candy and stuff too i already have old bandages at my house that i am taking along that we can give out

Panda

Panda

I'll get some stuff as well: proppel powder, granola bars and the like.

Kruse

Admin

I'm just going to reiterate that the Freedom fighter force is not a priority for us beyond the objectives given to us. Upon approach we will consider them unknown, potential hostiles. After the meeting, that's how they will be treated.

During the time we are talking with them, some of you will be interior defense (preferably those that want to do the gifts), the rest will be external security to prevent anyone from interrupting us or sneaking up on us. During our meeting we'll protect them, and we'll offer UN assistance, but beyond that, after our objectives, they aren't our problem. If the UN Commander decides to eliminate them, so be it, he can send a squad to do it, we won't make the decision to eliminate them, and we won't even engage them unless they engage (or threaten to engage) us.

As I mentioned before, we are not going to be stuck in engagements all day, we'll fight through the enemy if it's the only option, otherwise we'll fall back and find another route.

Panda

Panda

Roger

KRICHEN922

Admin

Understood. The gifts won't be done if there is no time. If there is, however, then we want to take full advantage of it. And the FF guys would appreciate it, I've been hearing grumbles that no ones tried this at the past few events. So I give it a higher than 50% success rate. Hopefully.

Kruse

Admin

Krichen and Panda, I would like you to for internal security while we meet and greet, that way one or both of you could kinda distract a few with your goodies (just no fun balls, please haha).

Panda

Panda

Roger. And dang it, I just spent $20 on fun balls!!! haha

Kruse wrote:Krichen and Panda, I would like you to for internal security while we meet and greet, that way one or both of you could kinda distract a few with your goodies (just no fun balls, please haha).

Panda

Panda

I'm going to want four of us, not including the sf, inside the village, and the sniper team and the rest of the squad on perimeter. Of course all plans are subjected to changes and Murphy's law.

Kruse

Admin

I can also try to get a squad of regulars for added perimeter (as in, if the enemy comes, they draw them away and try to get the enemy to go somewhere else).

I have a good feeling neither side will try to "befriend" the FF with a large force, chances are the 12 man SF team opposite us would be the largest force coming at us.

Murphy's law of course, we'll get the entire MEA in that one corner.

Panda

Panda

Undoubtedly that'd be our luck. If at all possible a squad of six regs would be nice, a LMG would be nice as well. All things permitting of course. I tell you what though, the VIP and the pilot mission are going to be a pain. There are no ways around mass casaulties for those two. It's going to take a lot of coordination with the regs to get them done.

Kruse

Admin

I concur. The good thing is, we can time most of our objectives right so while our forces are pushing on an objective, we can either do the mission then (while we have a massive manpower advantage and a safe buffer area) or wait until the area isn't worth anything to either side and do our task then. However the downed pilot works reverse, the regulars actually find him and call it in for us to come get him.

I don't know how the hell I'm suppose to role play assessing and treating the guy for 20 minutes though... I've been taught to be on scene with a patient for 10 minutes absolute tops. ha.

Panda

Panda

I suppose we could always twiddle our thumbs for the other ten. So are you guys packing a litter or will it be on scene? Can we use an apc for exfil, or do we have to hoof it out? Sorry for all the questions, but I'd rather know in advance.

Kruse

Admin

I asked the same stuff. I'm getting a "kit" of medical stuff, including a litter (it's the blackhawk soft litter, which obviously is not intend for us on a downed pilot with very likely spinal injuries, but anyway). As far as the APC bit, I've asked the same thing, waiting on an answer. It's not that long of a hall if we get a negative though.

Oh, and don't worry about asking questions. You can't ask too many, I'd rather answer them all here and now than in the middle of a firefight (especially if I don't know the answer, ha).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum