OpVig5 Spec Ops
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UN Spec Ops only

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Role, The Mission, The Game

+3
Sheets
Kugelblitz
Kruse
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty The Role, The Mission, The Game Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:10 pm

Kruse

Admin

Alright, just so we are all clear about expectations, this is kinda of the low down of things concerning spec ops:

First, as stated in the email, the two "leaders" are NPCs/event staff, meaning in an emergency, we may have to leave the group and assist in the emergency. If the game is continuing on, you guys can decide on a team leader(you can do it ahead of time if you want) and continue on the mission. If a cease-fire is called, obviously no gaming will be done. Also note there things within a lot of missions that are specific for the two NPCs (ie searching tin city/village, medic, explosives, etc.)

Though this is a "spec ops" group, I know this is a game, and you all paid good money to come. We can't bend on some things, but I'll do my best to make sure you guys get your money's worth. You won't be pushed beyond your limit, and if you get to close to that limit, make sure you speak up. I don't want someone going down from an injury or heat exhaustion/stroke.

In the role of the spec ops group, it actually would be this scenario: Two Delta Force members (the NPCs) and a 75th Ranger squad have been tasked to find intel on and track down nuclear warheads and their suppliers. This IS our mission for the weekend.

Some tasks will be very dependent on where the main UN forces are at/pushing to. I will be in contact with UN Command to coordinate that. Because of this, there will not be an organization of mission objectives (as in do this one first, this one second, this on third). The only exception to this is the night missions, we will attempt to search tin city and the village during daylight.

You can wear any camouflage, as long as it agrees with the main rules. However, I recommend AGAINST ACU because it's obviously UN; thus, no leeway for them to second guess if we are on the MEA or UN.

Because of the low number of members in our group and the difficulty in some tasks, each objective will be focused on (except the assassination of the MEA commander, we will be using the 2-man options, unless they deem it impossible).

2The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:17 pm

Kugelblitz

I was hoping that we could establish at least a rudimentary chain of command early on. I would rather have it rather than get caught in a situation and wonder who to look to.

3The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 pm

Kruse

Admin

The two NPCs are in charge, I'll let you guys set up a chain of command between you guys, since you are technically an "outside" assisting squad.

4The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Sheets

Kruse wrote:You can wear any camouflage, as long as it agrees with the main rules. However, I recommend AGAINST ACU because it's obviously UN; thus, no leeway for them to second guess if we are on the MEA or UN.

Two uniform related questions:

1. Are we going to be required to wear the blue armband like the other UN forces?

2. I know the rules state that UN forces can't wear a shemagh and MEA can't take their's off, but does this also apply to Spec Ops or can we try to "dress like the locals"? (I doubt it, but good to know, because if we can, the MEA Spec Ops can too.)

5The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:19 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

I believe uniform restrictions still apply to us. It would cause way too much confusion and friendly fire if otherwise, but I may be wrong

https://unspecops.forumotion.com

6The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Sheets

That's why I was hoping that Kruse could answer. I figure he'll know if there are any spy rules like there was at Breedland.

7The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:03 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

This is run by two completely different people. I could PM Kerrik if you'd like, he's the game everything.

8The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Panda

Panda

Krich you might as well PM Kerrik. It is good info to know regardless.

9The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Kruse

Admin

Unsure on UN Armband (I'm trying to get us out of it).

Negative on shemaghs. All we can do is not answer if they ask what team we are on (this was why I asked no one wear ACU).

10The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:06 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

Alright well Kruse will do his best for us. I just hope we can avoid Friendly Fire...

11The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Sly

Well, if we ever do get caught up with the enemies, and do not have arm bands, we could mimic their accents, it would help a bit if they don't understand everything.

12The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Bushmaster

Bushmaster

but if we had to make any contact with them, i would rather it be where we see them and set up an ambush or just hide and avoid them completely

13The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Kruse

Admin

An ambush or avoidance is hard to do when we have missions directly in or very near to their base Wink

However, our primary tactic will be to retreat and find a different route (with exception to the above "in base" missions and the night patrol.)

14The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 am

Panda

Panda

We could always trick them by just saying, "We're the Spec Ops team, bring in a prisoner.". All we have to do is act authoritative, and the ruse should work most of the time. We're technically not lying or saying we're the MEA Spec Ops, but just letting them assume.

15The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:22 am

Kruse

Admin

Their spec ops team is wearing all OD, so unless they hadn't seen their spec ops (which I'm sure they will have, since we start the game right with the rest of them), they'll spot the difference right away. I still haven't gotten an official ruling on the armbands, I have a bad feeling about that one.

But on a good note, it seems the MEA Spec Ops hasn't done nearly anything close to the planning we've done (ie the NPCs hadn't dispersed the objectives/maps even).

16The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Sly

That means we're one step ahead... or its just a ruse. Well, everyone, see you tomorrow. Maybe we could arrange to all meet somewhere?

Oh, and get some sleep. Avoid caffeine. Get hydrated. Eat lots of carbs. We want to be moving and thinking at full power!

17The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:44 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin

I know! Look for the white canvas Civil War tent. That's where me sly and waldo will be camped. We should definitely do Cool Kids Camping... it'd be fun, and we could talk if we needed to.

18The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:04 am

Sly

Hehe, Waldo and I are sharng his tent I hope. I'm not getting in a tent with you, mate.

19The Role, The Mission, The Game Empty Re: The Role, The Mission, The Game Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:58 am

KRICHEN922

Admin

Well yeah, but my tent is unique.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum