FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spec Ops Plan of Action

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:47 pm

Sny

OK fellow Spec Ops, I received the classified packet and have read through it and I think we should decide how we are going to accomplish these things and in what order. I will wait to post on this as I have other things to be doing but feel free to comment on how you think we can accomplish the tasks.

Sny

2 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:12 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
Well to start out I think we should do the UAV search and destroy as fast as we can, since it is an opposed mission. I believe that is the only mission we lose if we don't get to it first. I'm not sure if we HAVE to do any missions before this, but if so, we must do them quickly to get to this one before the enemy does

http://unspecops.forumotion.com

3 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:16 pm

Sly

Probably when we do the recon on the FOB we will finish it off with the assassination of their commander. It would save time instead of running off and doing some other mission, and then coming back later. If this was done early game, it could cause some issues for them (Chain of command being changed, new tactics and already decided tactics having to be aborted or taught to next in command, etc.).

4 recon/assasination on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Bushmaster

how quickly we complete the recon mission depends solely on how many operatives we have with scoped weapons/binoculars. It would be helpful to get a head count for this purpose. if we successfully assasinate the enemy commander does that strip the enemy of their perks (airdrop, blackout, etc.) or does it just disable them for the 30-60 minutes?

5 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:43 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
I think the latter. I'm pretty sure it isn't all day.

6 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:13 pm

Panda

For the assassination, we need to coordinate with the UN ground forces as well. That would be an oportune time for them to launch a major offensive, especially with the use of blackout.

Also we must assume that MEA SF will be targeting Ghost as well. We should get him setup with a PSD of about four to five. They need to be light, fast, and gutsy. I could run them through a crash course in PSD techniques.

7 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:35 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
He should have people running with him already. If you want to make sure, post something up on google groups about having people guard our commander. Just don't mention our mission or the enemies' missions, because they aint supposed to know. I think.

8 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 pm

Sny

As for the Optics I will have Atleast 2 Binoc's for me and My partner Sly and I may have a third better but bigger Binoc.

9 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:45 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
wtf about me foo?

10 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:04 pm

Bushmaster

and i also have my scope on my sniper rifle, so that is solved. since there is a possibility for a line of sight for a sniper shot, im guessing he wont be in the castle, will he be in the village somewhere instead?

11 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 pm

Panda

Reaver and I both have monoculars. I also have a spotting scope if you guys in the sniper team want it.

12 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:41 pm

Kruse

Admin
I'll answer one thing at a time:

Objectives can NOT be completed simultaneous or back to back. So the Recon mission cannot be followed up by the assassination mission right away.

Assassinating the MEA Commander will NOT remove perks. the MEA commander is "dead" for 30-60 minutes IF SHOT (as in, shot by bushmaster and his sniper rifle or possibly sny's Aug). If we do "line of sight", he may or may not die. If I can find bushmaster a spotter, I will likely have them tasked specifically on that objective at least for a part of the day.

Panda, if you'd like to offer your expertise in training a group of guys for the UN Commander's protection, I'm sure it would be appreciated. As someone else mentioned, feel free to post in the google groups (let me know if you need the link if you haven't seen it yet).

The UAV was planned to be the first mission, simply because I've gotta carry explosives on me, and I'd rather not carry them around all day, ha.

13 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:34 am

Sheets

I'll also be bringing a monocular with me for the recon mission.

I assume everyone is agreement with doing the UAV mission first (and even if not, our commander says we're doing it first Razz ). For the other missions, are we envisioning breaking up the SpecOps team to try to complete more missions faster, or keep the team together to give us a stronger force to go after our objectives?

14 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Kruse

Admin
Breaking up the team: Negative. The only time I want to break anyone up is the 2 man team to go after the commander (and "technically" I could have them break off before the recon mission so we are all in the area in case stuff hits the fan, so far I've counted 4 pairs of magnification minus the sniper, meaning 7.5 minutes being on location if we can get everyone in positions.)
Luckily for us, they have a HUGE base surrounded by a lot of trees and structures (and an entire side that anyone rarely takes)

15 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:52 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
Just to stimulate brains and to brainstorm what would be best to do, what should we attempt to do in the night time? As in, what objectives would benefit from the cover of darkness?

I'm not sure if all the missions are up for grabs at night or just a few, but maybe Kruse can clarify Very Happy

16 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Bushmaster

There are 3 missions for night time: searching tin city and the village for intel, the patrol, and setting explosive ordinance on either the radar tower at the airfield or the northern tower of the castle. These are things that really depend on our initial strengths and weaknesses as well as who shows up for the night ops. While searching the village may include a lot of CQB fighting depending on the size of MEA forces in the vicinity, the patrol almost seems like a suicide mission if we run into a larger opposing force. The commander will be ordering us as to which target we strike also, with the castle tower being on the other side of the castle from the enemy respawn.... but in reality, it is up to the CO's to decide on the plan. I am more in favor of striking the radar tower or searching tin city, but I will do whatever is asked.

17 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:27 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
The searching, in my opinion, should be done during the daytime, because at night, flashlights in the village and Tin City will draw MEA like flies to a barbeque. I have cheapo NVGs I could bring to make the search at night plausible, but again its all up to Kruse.

18 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Bushmaster

if we search the village and tin city right away on saturday, there will still be some day light

19 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:17 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
Well the thing is, depending on where MEA is going to place themselves for defense and how far from the objective they're going to extend their lines, we may not be able to secure the area enough to search in daylight. I'm thinking we'd have to coordinate with command to have them sweep out and down towards the guns with a squad or two just to make sure the areas are clear.

Once the front door is sealed by our attacking forces, we would be able to search the village and tin city in peace. To truly have all the time in the world, the back door to the palace would have to have pressure put on it as well. That way the bulk (if not all) of MEA forces are for sure in the vicinity of the palace and the AA guns.

Depending on how long that takes we may end up operating in the dark.

If thats the case, if we have the support of our commander, we should be able to safely search the areas with flashlights. Of course, we will still need a picket line to stand guard, but that would just be a precaution in case we missed someone or MEA spec ops decided to swing by.

Once we complete that operation, I think we could do the UAV one if possible.

and are ONLY the sf guys able to search? no spec ops guys?

Last edited by KRICHEN922 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

20 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Sly

I also planned on bringing a massive but effective flashlight, light at incredible range, for potential spotting in combat. It wouldn't be a problem for me to carry, so it is up to you guys if I'll use it. I will bring it either way, if just needed to find stuff in a tent.

21 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:05 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
Like I told you when we talked last, thats one of those things you set down pointed somewhere and run 20 feet to the side of it to avoid the wall of BBs. Then again, if we feel the area isn't going to have MEA by it any time soon, it'd be nice. I'm just worried about the mosquito effect.

22 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Sny

As far as the Assassination, I'm game to that but still need to get my gun shooting the best it can, I would like to know though as I may borrow a full ghillie just for this and need to know if i would need to bring it. Krichen, this would be your bro's, also I would want to plan some sort of escape plan... etc

23 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Panda

As for the escape plan, run fast! haha jk You could have the rest of your fire team create a diversion so you and your spotter could get out...

24 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Sny

Or I may be the Spotter and bushmaster be the Sniper depending on the shot/conditions as I will hopefully be able to at least get a follow up shot if misses. Also to all, I've been informed my dropleg molle platform won't be in on time and so I have a Double M4 stacker pouch and a dropleg dump pouch that has molle space for single mags but Idk if i can borrow a molle platform for just this game as it is still coming or if i can cut *cringe* the double M4 stacker in half so one will mount in front, one in back, I will hopefully not have to cut the Stacker but if needed I may have to.

25 Re: Spec Ops Plan of Action on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Kruse

Admin
first mission on saturday:
Search village/tin city. Krichen nailed it on the head. It's easier to search in daylight and you don't have to worry about flashlights giving away anything.

Also, SF are the ones who have to do the searching.

As far as assassination, Sny, if you want to go with Bushmaster, that'd be perfect. I still have to check to see if your aug would be considered "sniper class," but I feel I can talk him into it. And you guys only have to survive long enough to shoot the commander Wink You'll likely be in the castle; thus, an escape would be very hard to do unless you are rate at an exit.

Sly, that flashlight might be more useful than you think... if we have to go for the castle tower, we'll set up in it (after clearing it) and pretend we are MEA... we'll have a flashlight pretend to spot someone sneaking by the marsh, and that'll hopefully distract the MEA long enough to get both explosions off. (again, we only have to survive long enough to blow it twice).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum