Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunday objectives

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sunday objectives on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 am

Sheets

I know this was brought up in another thread, but I wanted to separate out a discussion about the Sunday objectives.

In looking at both the SpecOps and Allied Forces objectives, the single biggest objective will be rescuing the downed pilot. That is worth a total of 4 Victory Points (2 for SpecOps, 2 for Allied Forces). Unfortunately, we don't know exactly when it's going to happen, just between 2pm and 5pm. We definitely need to drop what we're doing when that call comes in.

Just from a Victory Point perspective, the only other "high profile" mission that is listed is the elimination of the MEA leader (1 or 2 VPs). I believe from the other board chatter, that a sniper team is going to be specifically tasked with this.

Our first objective on Sunday (as previously discussed) is going to be the UAV search. This one needs to be completed ASAP, since the MEA SpecOps team will also be looking for it.

The VIP LZ objective is tricky because it requires heavy coordination with the Allied Forces, to make sure the AA site is secured and heavily defended. That is also the only mission that requires us to split up SpecOps into two teams that are a significant distance from each other. My personal thought was this might be a good mission to target right before lunch, and hopefully catch the MEA napping since they know a break is coming soon.

The recon/assissination might be better objectives in the afternoon. That way, if we get called back for the downed pilot in the middle of recon, the sniper team can stay behind and complete the recon and then get into position for the assassination.

One giant question I have is looking at the Allied Forces objectives, they get 1 VP for each SpecOps mission they assist with. What does "assist" mean? Can we just ask for on AF soldier to come along on every mission and that counts, or does it mean something else? That could be a huge bonus for the UN side.

For what it's worth, here's my thoughts on the missions (understanding that things can change depending on how long it takes to complete each mission):

1. Search & Destroy UAV
2. Capture HPT or Question Intel Lead
3. Set up LZ for VIP

Lunch Break

4. Recon enemy FOB
5. Assissinate MEA commander
6. Capture HPT or Question Intel Lead
?? Stabilize Wounded Pilot

Since I'm not in charge of the team, I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on the Sunday mission objectives. If you've got any opinions, questions, or concerns, let's get them out there now, rather than Saturday morning.

2 Re: Sunday objectives on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:33 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
Sounds good to me. Just hoping it works out smoothly.

http://unspecops.forumotion.com

3 Re: Sunday objectives on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Bushmaster

I also agree with Sheets statement, but I seriously doubt it will be anything smooth unless the comms network is run efficiently and everyone does their part correctly. Otherwise, we would be lucky just to have everyone shooting in the same direction.

4 Re: Sunday objectives on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:13 pm

KRICHEN922

Admin
Speaking of comms, we have 2-5 for UN comms. Which should we snag?

And sheets, I really like the way your tentative plan is.

http://unspecops.forumotion.com

5 Re: Sunday objectives on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Sheets

Looks like comm is being handled by Kruse and Ghost. The channel itself doesn't really matter, as long as everyone exercises good comm discipline. Hopefully, we won't need to be on the radio too much, because we'll be in line of sight and can use hand signals. Depending on the mission and situation, we shouldn't be spread out too much.

Luckily, most of our objectives are fluid enough to allow us to improvise as needed. As long as everyone remembers the mission and we don't have people going rogue, we should be golden. And I think we've got a focused and strong SpecOps team to get the job done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum